Friday, November 26, 2010

Desserts...my new obsession!


Maybe it is the cravings from pregnancy...or maybe it's just me, but I am getting obsessed with desserts. I love all things sugary, sweet and entirely unhealthy! I know the picture does not make it look too appetizing, but I recently made a Snickers cake. It is so easy to make, and so yummy! Since I am at home until the baby comes I am going to cure my boredom by cleaning and cooking...that makes me sound much more domestic than I actually am. I think I am going to venture into the cutesy world of mini desserts. They seems easier to make and they are easier to package up and give as little treats for neighbors. I am planning on making at least one dessert a day, maybe two if I am feeling really ambitious. I think the first is going to be mini cherry pies, and then possibly mini "cake pops". We'll see how it turns out.
Other than the new obsession, life is pretty dull for us. We are just ready and waiting for baby Reed. The bags are packed and we are ready to go (am I channeling John Denver?). We have the car set secured and the nursery is perfectly organized, thanks to mom! All we need now is the baby. We officially have 5 days until the due date. Hopefully my next post will be one announcing the birth of our baby boy.

1 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

It's getting so soon!!! I'm so excited for you. (not to mention I'm down to 10 days myself! wohoo- hooray for babies!)

Post a Comment